Looking for a great place to work? It might just be here.
Pump is a boutique digital studio. We strive to make digital products that we love, can be proud of, and drive amazing results for our clients in the process. We have a small, world class team. We have an incredible 3 level studio space in Ramsay, frequent team lunches and Friday typically wind down with beers and foosball or video games.
If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we can't wait to hear from you.
Full Stack Developer
A Full Stack Web Developer at Pump has the robust skill-set required to develop, maintain and deploy various websites and custom web-based software within project requirements. Most of our projects fall within these two categories and a strong ability across frontend and backend tasks is required. Our projects can also include varied digital marketing initiatives, so creativity and an interest in unique and varied solutions to problem solving is important.
Some projects will be self directed and others will be team based, comfort with both styles of work is a must.
- Frontend development
- Content Management System integration
- Backend development
- Server configuration (Apache / NGINX, MySQL)
- Application architecture
- Database design/optimization
Our projects consist primarily of website development, but also include varied digital marketing initiatives and development of web-based software systems for clients.
- HTML, CSS, SASS, jQuery
- PHP & PHP frameworks (CakePHP)
- PHP based Content Management Systems (Craft)
- Apache / NGINX
- Mac OSX and Linux OS Configuration and Administration
We are looking for a like-minded individual who is aligned with our current development practices, but also a developer with leadership qualities looking to evolve and improve development systems. We are looking for transferable skills as much as working knowledge of any specific tools.
Pump is a small collaborative team setting where a Full Stack Web Developer plays a pivotal role in a project’s success.
- Extensive experience in core development tools (PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS)
- Experience in secondary development tools (CakePHP, Craft, ExpressionEngine) or similar
- Experience with Git
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
Some of the following
- Formal programming education
- Experience in Mac OSX development tools (MAMP, Vagrant, Coda, Sublime, CodeKit)
- Experience with PHP package manager - Composer
- General Interest in OSX & Linux (Virtualization, LAMP, LEMP, Digital Ocean [and other similar cloud services], SSH, Command Line)
Online Marketing Specialist
An Online Marketing Specialist at Pump is responsible for defining, executing & reporting on campaigns run through various online marketing channels to produce results based on goals for clients. The primary focus of this role is the planning, strategy, execution, maintenance and optimization of PPC advertising campaigns. Our client base and projects are diverse, so creativity and an interest in broader marketing tactics and SEO principals is important.
- Paid search setup, management & ongoing optimization
- Social media advertising setup, management & ongoing optimization
- Implement tactical online marketing initiatives including event tracking, on site optimizations, keyword analysis, content creation, site auditing and competitive analysis
- Setup and data analysis with Google Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Define and report on SEM performance metrics
- This role is client facing and requires an individual who can clearly communicate account status, performance and deliverables through in person, over the phone and via email to strengthen client relationships
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a professional Search Engine Marketing (SEM) role with pay-per-click experience on Google, Yahoo/Bing, Facebook, Remarketing, & Display
- Google AdWords & Google Analytics Certified
- Aptitude with all things digital
- Detail attentive and well organized
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Open and collaborative communicator
- Analytical in that you know how to delve into data to reveal actionable insights
Some of the following
- Development experience
- SEO experience
- Content marketing experience
- A/B Testing experience
- Experience in studio or agency environment
A Project Manager at Pump has a diverse skill-set and is prepared to fill a variety of roles from primarily project management to content management to office administrator and accounts receivable. Working with a small dedicated team, Pump’s PM functions as the hub of the office and a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration with a variety of personality types is a must.
Effective management of resources and excellent open communication with a diverse client base is the key to success in this role. Working in collaboration with our business development team, PM’s at Pump are responsible for evaluating client needs, developing project scope, estimating cost and creating proposals or statements of work and following through on the execution and communication of the project.
- Project Planning and Estimating
- Project Scheduling, Execution & Budget Management
- Client Communication & Service
- Business Development Support
- Invoicing & A/R
- Content Development & Management through CMS
- 2-4 years of proven work experience as a project manager in a digital agency environment handling dynamic client campaigns
- Experience communicating and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse client base
- Excellent coordination between internal team and clients to execute projects on-time, within scope and on budget
- Ability to speak to web design, marketing, and web development concepts
- Solid digital background, with scoping technical and functional aspects of projects with a strong understanding of QA processes.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, in particular CraftCMS and Expression Engine
- Solid project management skills including time management, verbal communication and written communication
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and have a strong ability to problem solve
- Cooperative professional with developed interpersonal skills
- Proven understanding of brand standards to maintain brand integrity throughout our projects
- Detail oriented with proofreading capabilities, and exceptional organization skills
- General knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Google Tag Manager
- Familiarity with a variety of online services: Mailchimp, Zapier, Typeform, etc.
This is a temporary position covering maternity leave.
How to Apply: If you are a developer/designer/digital marketer/project manager looking for a place to hang your hat, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.