Looking for a great place to work? It might just be here.
Pump is a boutique digital studio. We strive to make digital products that we love, can be proud of, and drive amazing results for our clients in the process. We have a small, world class team. We have an incredible 3 level studio space in Ramsay, frequent team lunches and Friday typically wind down with beers and foosball or video games.
If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we can't wait to hear from you.
Full Stack Developer
A Full Stack Web Developer at Pump has the robust skill-set required to develop, maintain and deploy various websites and custom web-based software within project requirements. Most of our projects fall within these two categories and a strong ability across frontend and backend tasks is required. Our projects can also include varied digital marketing initiatives, so creativity and an interest in unique and varied solutions to problem solving is important.
Some projects will be self directed and others will be team based, comfort with both styles of work is a must.
- Frontend development
- Content Management System integration
- Backend development
- Server configuration (Apache / NGINX, MySQL)
- Application architecture
- Database design/optimization
Our projects consist primarily of website development, but also include varied digital marketing initiatives and development of web-based software systems for clients.
- HTML, CSS, SASS, jQuery
- PHP & PHP frameworks (CakePHP)
- PHP based Content Management Systems (Craft)
- Apache / NGINX
- Mac OSX and Linux OS Configuration and Administration
We are looking for a like-minded individual who is aligned with our current development practices, but also a developer with leadership qualities looking to evolve and improve development systems. We are looking for transferable skills as much as working knowledge of any specific tools.
Pump is a small collaborative team setting where a Full Stack Web Developer plays a pivotal role in a project’s success.
- Extensive experience in core development tools (PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS)
- Experience in secondary development tools (CakePHP, Craft, ExpressionEngine) or similar
- Experience with Git
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
Some of the following
- Formal programming education
- Experience in Mac OSX development tools (MAMP, Vagrant, Coda, Sublime, CodeKit)
- Experience with PHP package manager - Composer
- General Interest in OSX & Linux (Virtualization, LAMP, LEMP, Digital Ocean [and other similar cloud services], SSH, Command Line)
Online Marketing Specialist
An Online Marketing Specialist at Pump is responsible for defining, executing & reporting on campaigns run through various online marketing channels to produce results based on goals for clients. The primary focus of this role is the planning, strategy, execution, maintenance and optimization of PPC advertising campaigns. Our client base and projects are diverse, so creativity and an interest in broader marketing tactics and SEO principals is important.
- Paid search setup, management & ongoing optimization
- Social media advertising setup, management & ongoing optimization
- Implement tactical online marketing initiatives including event tracking, on site optimizations, keyword analysis, content creation, site auditing and competitive analysis
- Setup and data analysis with Google Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Define and report on SEM performance metrics
- This role is client facing and requires an individual who can clearly communicate account status, performance and deliverables through in person, over the phone and via email to strengthen client relationships
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a professional Search Engine Marketing (SEM) role with pay-per-click experience on Google, Yahoo/Bing, Facebook, Remarketing, & Display
- Google AdWords & Google Analytics Certified
- Aptitude with all things digital
- Detail attentive and well organized
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Open and collaborative communicator
- Analytical in that you know how to delve into data to reveal actionable insights
Some of the following
- Development experience
- SEO experience
- Content marketing experience
- A/B Testing experience
- Experience in studio or agency environment
How to Apply: If you are a developer/designer/digital marketer looking for a place to hang your hat, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.