Pay-per-click ads and search engine optimization are often considered to be two entirely different topics. Because one involves the “organic” listings that sites like Google display, and one is the sponsored or “paid” listings, they don’t seem to have much to do with each other… or do they?
Conventional thinking is PPC advertising is faster and easier to target, while SEO takes longer to show results, but can show a better return on investment. We’ve seen studies showing that traffic from search engines increase if you have presence in organic listings and also running paid ads at the same time.
This alone is reason enough to pursue PPC and SEO simultaneously. But a hidden benefit of this two-pronged approach is you can improve your SEO campaigns. 7 ways PPC helps your SEO efforts:
- For faster keyword research. Why put a lot of time and effort into optimizing different keyword phrases that may not be profitable? You can test PPC ads in a matter of days and weeks first.
- To test new markets. Use PPC campaigns to experiment with new geographic areas, languages, and even product categories.
- To find new places for inbound links. By expanding your online ads to “content networks”, you can also identify good places to write a guest blog or generate inbound links.
- To generate ideas for new content. You may notice many visitors are hitting your site from an ad that’s running next to a certain blog post or web page. If it’s generating a lot of interest amongst your buyers, you might be able to come up with something similar and draw traffic on your own.
- As a way to target new demographics. With Facebook PPC ads, you can experiment with targeting potential customers with different characteristics (e.g., gender, age group, etc.) to see if some are pre-disposed to your product or service.
- To test and boost conversion rates quickly. PPC advertising lets you test out new marketing copy and offers quickly to determine how to best attract new sales, leads, email addresses, etc. This improves performance for future SEO efforts.
Need help with PPC, SEO or other online marketing tactics? Visit our web site @ www.pumpinteractive.ca to learn more how our clients have achieved outstanding ROI from their online marketing efforts.